SSR or Solid State Relay or Electronic Relay Connection Method. This is a Thyristor Based Normally Open 230V Switch that can be turned on / off at a fast rate. This switches at Zero Crossover .Built In Snubber reduces EMI and protects the SSR. USE SAME PHASE FOR I/P & O/P.
AC-AC-SSR Solid State Relay
- No moving parts hence no wear and tear.
- Dissipates Heat when in On Condition.
- Use adequate Heat Sink or SSR will fail. ( 10g / Amp)
- Dissipation is 1.5 Watts per Amp thru Load.
- Input to Output is optically isolated 2kV.
- This one is AC 230V Control AC 230V N.O. Output.
- Off state snubber Leakage is around 5 mA.
The Termination’s of High Current Lines going to Load must be very tight and crimped. Loose contacts will Spark and cause Fire. Fuse Rating of HRC Fuse – High Rupture Capacity (HRC) Fuse is Safe and Reliable. 5kW Heater at 230V is 5,000 / 230 in Amps of Fuse Rating.
It is called analog dial timer as it has no digital display, but the chip is digital it is CD4541. It is Mains operated, you could make on-delay or off-delay. By changing the caps and resistors or with even dip-switches you could get timing of few seconds to many hours. Circuit is Analog Timer 4541 .
Some timers energize the relay after a set delay on power start. Some start with relay energized and turn off after set time. Motors and big systems cannot take fast turn-on and turn-off, Some systems will require sections or modules to start one after another as they are interdependent. So Timers in automation were made to effect such delays, the early ones were mechanical clockwork.
The CD4541BC Programmable Timer is designed with a 16-stage binary counter, an integrated oscillator for use with an external capacitor and two resistors, output control logic, and a special power-on reset circuit. The special features of the power-on reset circuit are first, no additional static power consumption and second, the part functions across the full voltage range (3V¨C15V) whether power-on reset is enabled or disabled.
- Available division ratios 28, 210, 213, or 216.
- Increments on positive edge clock transitions.
- Built-in low power RC oscillator.
- Oscillator frequency range . DC to 100 kHz.
- Power on Auto reset initializes all counters.