This is a Regulated 0-30 V DC Power Supply manufactured by me in small numbers, 0-30V 5A and 5V -5A. It had a Switching Preregulator. This keeps the Vce across Transistor Bank at the Back of Instrument, at the lowest possible level, in order to keep them Cool. When Vce and Ic both are more in a Power transistor it will get heated more, then the efficiency of power supply is low.
The Output had both Constant Current Control and Constant Voltage Control. The CC control is also a Short circuit protection. The Output was protected from outside voltages damaging output circuits even when equipment is switched off. The back panel is a finned anodized black aluminum heat sink with many transistors.
I looked for the circuits to scan them, i could not find it. I made-n-sold quite a few of them years ago. All of them work well even today as i over-rated most components. The cabinet was Steel for EMI-RFI Immunity, it was painted with Stipple Matt Powder Coating, the Cabinet maker had just learnt to give such a finish to his boxes.
- Electronics Cooling
- Heat sinks for transistors
- ESP – Heatsink design and transistor mounting
- Technical Papers
- Heat sink – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Power Supply Adjustable 30
- 3-30 V/2.5 A Stabilized power supply
- Small Variable power Supply
- Power Supplies
- The educational encyclopedia, Supplies
- Build A 10 Amp 13.8 Volt Power Supply
- Bench Top Power Supply, 30V – 10amp
- 40A Power Supply Unit
- Power Design Section