This is a DC controlled Solid State Relay which can turn 230V AC equipment on and off. The output is like a NO normally open contacts of a relay and have to be in series with the Load like any other switch.
This should not be used for large inductive loads like big motors. The Q1 transistor limits the current thru the LED by providing an alternate path for more current. The DC input can be from 3V to 20V.
The Triac can be chosen depending on current in the load. Look for datasheets and applications at STMicroelectronics for BTA41600 triacs. MOC3041 zero crossover opto-diacs.
Read more at my main page – Solid State Relays – SSR I used to make them long ago.
SSR or Solid State Relay or Electronic Relay Connection Method. This is a Thyristor Based Normally Open 230V Switch that can be turned on / off at a fast rate. This switches at Zero Crossover .Built In Snubber reduces EMI and protects the SSR. USE SAME PHASE FOR I/P & O/P.
AC-AC-SSR Solid State Relay
- No moving parts hence no wear and tear.
- Dissipates Heat when in On Condition.
- Use adequate Heat Sink or SSR will fail. ( 10g / Amp)
- Dissipation is 1.5 Watts per Amp thru Load.
- Input to Output is optically isolated 2kV.
- This one is AC 230V Control AC 230V N.O. Output.
- Off state snubber Leakage is around 5 mA.
The Termination’s of High Current Lines going to Load must be very tight and crimped. Loose contacts will Spark and cause Fire. Fuse Rating of HRC Fuse – High Rupture Capacity (HRC) Fuse is Safe and Reliable. 5kW Heater at 230V is 5,000 / 230 in Amps of Fuse Rating.